DID YOU KNOW DETOXING IS EVEN MORE IMPORTANT DURING MENOPAUSE?
I do this every single morning before I get in the shower !
The lymph system needs a little extra nudge to get things moving since it doesn’t have a pump system like you cardiac system does – especially when you hit menopause. I use dry skin brushing to move the lymph around!
There’s not just one way to do dry brushing but there is an optimal way which doesn’t involve randomly scrubbing a brush all over your body.
Here are the steps I take to get the best results:
- First make sure your skin is completely dry. And use a natural bristle brush. (like the one in the photo)
- Starting at your wrist, moving your brush over your skin with quick brush strokes that go in the direction of your heart.
- Maintain a light pressure as you dry brush.
- Repeat on the other arm and move across the chest.
- Move on to your belly and move in clockwise circles about 5 times
- Lastly, start at you right ankle and move with short brush strokes up the shin and calf, then on to your gluts and hips.
You can dry-brush at any time of day, but I recommend doing it right before you shower.
After you rinse off, moisturize with and organic oil or lotion to keep toxins away
TIP TO REMEMBER: It’s quick, light and short strokes on your legs and arms towards your body in the direction of your heart
#dryskinbrushing #lymphaticdrainage #detox #thyroid #hypothyroidism #selfcare #liverhealth #lymph #menopause #menopausedetox